Now ready with the next version of the Geograph Google Earth Clusters layer mentioned yesterday.
It’s the same download link, if you already have a copy, just right click and select Refresh on the “Geograph Google Earth Clusters” feature.
This has a number of advancements:
- Filterable – click the main title in the Places panel to open configuration options in the popup balloon. Includes options to filter by keyword or Geograph contributor. (Requires Google Earth version 5)
- Cubes/Cloud – Geocubes offers two clustering options, can how choose between then on the same popup as above
- Thumbnails – Now shows a image thumbnail in the placemark balloons.
- Shows a few coarse clusters when not zoomed on the British Isles
- Source code available! Download the GPL licenced PHP source code here
But its not all rosey – this version seems to suffer from an annoying bug, when first loads sometimes the layer ‘freezes’ and doesnt automatically update as you move around. If that happens right click on the ‘Clusters’ feature in ‘Places’ and select Refresh, doing that once seems to fix it!
Thanks to Geocubes to the amazing service that powers this – highly recommended if you have larger numbers of features to display!