Looking back over the last few posts, it would seem I turning into a Google hater, I certainly seem to be finding more to fault, which seems a change from my previous fanboy antics.
Some things from Google (mainly Geo) roughly over the last year and my reaction: (in no particualr order…)
- Static Maps API
- Earth Plugin and API
- Chrome Browser!
- Map Icons in Chart API
- Reverse Geocoding (& BBOX on forward)
- High resolution Imagry (including Wales/UK)
- No PhotoOverlay or 3D-navigator in Earth Plugin
- Google Installers and Updaters – a mess
- Google Maps API Terms of Service.
- Google Pages shutting down (sites is NOT a real replacement atm)
- No Google Spell Check for Chrome (as no toolbar), and other minor irritations
- Slow development on Google Maps – particully MyMaps (and MyMaps API)
- Google Earth 4.3 a disapointment (plus no real upgrades since)
- Help Forums – good, but not there yet…
- GeoWeb Search API – close, but no cigar
… so its not all bad, I guess just getting more worked up about the bad, and don’t really have anything to say about the good.