Have how been to the two ‘Geo’ sessions, nothing new to report I don’t think that can’t be got from gearthblog.com and the Google Maps API Group (where I had already heard of these), but anyway a quick round up of the main announcements (in no particular order)
- Maps API – Can now do Directions – don’t yet know how flexible the API is tho, or if it even supports UK
- Maps API – hint that the Geocoder might work (or soon) in the UK, but this could just be the questionee doesnt know yet.
- Google Maps – Mapplets – porting a mashup to Google Maps
- Google Earth – New KML 2.2 – as far as I gather its the KML spec only, the viewer is not released yet – but will check.
- Support for Photo Placemarks – of particular interest to Geograph – tried something like this with models but never got it nice enough to release.
- Add ‘atom’esque, link and author tags to Placemark
- Update: just found the Camera tag, YAY!
More as I find it out (I think I am missing some anyway…), I’ll also verify the facts and flesh out the features with links to more information.
Update: forgot to mention Ed Parsons also used the Geograph Mapplet demo in his Keynote speech this morning. (see previous posts)