I could plug in a large boiler plate disclaimer and terms of service, but I'm note sure anybody would read it, basically it boils down to this:
- While I have done by best to make sure everything on this site is accurate and up to-date, it might not be.
- I can't make any guarantees that it is correct, or that the results will be fit for use for any purpose.
- Most of the results are taken from other web sites (info is all saved locally, data is not fetched live, Ie I don't scrape other sites!), I only replicate
their results, so any errors will be passed along and may be slightly out of date...
- Where appropriate I have permission to use the results, if you wish to duplicate anything please seek permission first.
- Basically make what use you can of the site, but don't blame me if anything goes wrong.
- If you find an error then please do let me know
- In general I don't have any objections to small scale scraping of info from this site. However I wouldn't want to see large scale scraping particularly if it affects the performance of the site.
- Many want to use the site to convert postcodes to geo-coordinates, please don't do this! There is copyright implications. However I can probably supply a sector level dataset.
- If you find yourself needing to scrape many pages, then please get in contact as I might be able to provide the code used or the dataset in question anyway, or at the very least a page to get the info that doesn't hit my server so hard!
the Small Print from the Location Search
- An entry in this search does not signify that you have the
right to access them, in fact many are on Private Land.
If visiting you should seek permission from the landowner.
- Take special care not to damage anything, so the site remains for the future enjoyment of others! (See Charter)
- You shouldn't rely on these results for anything critical, use at your own risk!
- I neither own or control the datasets above, only make them searchable.
- There are many known errors in some datasets.
If you spot one you should in the first instance contact the owner, otherwise I might be able to help.
- Please try to avoid making bulk downloads of this data, to avoid creating many 'versions' of the data. The copy I have can in some cases already be quite out of date! The data shouldn't be published or redistributed without permission.