Google My Maps Tools:
Images in Balloons |
My Maps Backup |
Custom Embed Maker |
Multiple My Maps (via gokml.net) |
Extract Coordinates |
Google Earth TOOLS: Fly-To | MORE...
KML TOOLS: KML shortlinks | KML Intersect | Sort KML | Geographical Grouping | Add elevations | RSS to KML | Project Point
Multi Destination Routing Toolkit
- Save Walking, Biking or other customised routes to "My Maps"
- This blog post shows that GMaps has implemented saving basic driving directions natively.
- For loading the Route in Google Earth
- drawing a profile at gpsvisualizer.com (see Note 2)
- or sorting into optimum order using Optimap
Google Maps includes the ability to create directions taking in many points, but doesnt make it easy to export this data. And Google Earth doesn't (yet) offer the ability to do mutli-destination routing. So this page is an attempt to provide the little bit of missing functionality to save routes from Maps, and view them in Earth and a few other locations.
Input method: Import from Google Maps | Text Entry
Note 2: gpsvisualizer.com can now understand a Multi-destination route directly! Just enter the Maps URL (obtained as above) and paste into the 'provide the URL of data on the Web' box on the GPS visualiser form.