Fake KML Embed Gadget maker...
This page is an attempt to replicate the functionality of the real KML Embed Gadget provided by Google, which is currentl offline. As it was Open-Source, was able to steal the code, and package it up in a basic container - enough to make it functional. Based on this XML file.
The iframe generated by this tool, comes with absolutely NO warranty, Google could discontinue, or break the Google Earth API and/or Google Maps API v3, that this relies on - at any time.
This feature is in no way endorsed by Google Inc.
... in fact (as of Dec 2015) Google HAVE discontinued the Google Earth API. The 3D version no longer works. See their blog post about it.
Can still use the 2D (Google Maps API) version. (if have an existing gadget, change view_mode=earth to view_mode=maps in the iframe url)
There is also a Fake KML Tour Gadget Maker.
In theory if have a old gadget, want to update, could just take the code like
- Fill out the form below, with your options. And click the submit button.
- A new page should appear, either a 3D globe or a 2D map with your content. CHECK IT WORKS!
- If happy how it looks, copy the page URL
- On your site, embed in an iframe. eg <iframe src="http://...." height="400" width="500"></iframe>
- NOTE: You can also take a copy of http://www.nearby.org.uk/google/fake-kmlgadget.html, and host on your own server. Avoids relying on my server!
- There is an example available showing a page with the iframe embedded.
<script src="//www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://dl.google.com/developers/maps/tourgadget.xml&up_kml_url=&up_tour_index=1&up_tour_autoplay=0&up_show_navcontrols=0&up_show_buildings=0&up_show_terrain=1&up_show_roads=0&up_show_borders=0&up_sphere=earth&synd=open&w=500&h=400&title=Embedded+Tour+Player &border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>
and replace it with
<iframe src="http://www.nearby.org.uk/google/fake-kmlgadget.html?...." height="400" width="500"></iframe>
ie the paramaters are the same.