For a project wanted to create a small script to make generation of network link wrappers to KML content easy, but then I thought could have it create ‘short’ urls, ala tinyurl.com, to make reuse easy. But then thought if going to that trouble might as well make it a full blown mini application, so I give you
goKML.net :: Short Links to KML content
So if you want to create a network link wrapper with the minimum of fuss, and might enjoy having it as a short url, then give it a go.
Of course there are still a few things that could be done, but will leave these for another day…
- Auto discover the ‘title’
- Intelligence for ‘My Map’s – eg support multiple pages, and maybe some other KML types.
- Actually make the admin page useful – display stats (they are stored already) , and edit the link
- A public gallery of popular/new etc links – maybe even some sort of search – esp if we can do rudimentary indexing of the content (when fetch the title)
- Support for named links eg could choose gokml.net/fredsparty.kml
- Complete the support for the various network link options – particulaly making it easier to select the appropriate settings.
- Maybe even support for forwarding the link by email (and/or sending the admin link to yourself)
- Any thing you can think of – let me know!